The Sejm on January 23 this year adopted a deputy’s bill to amend the act on government administration departments and some other acts.
In accordance with the adopted law, the climate and sustainable development issues include, among others: implementation of the EU climate policy, protection and shaping of the environment as well as rational use of its resources, control of compliance with environmental protection requirements and research into the state of the environment, management system of greenhouse gas emissions and other substances and greenhouse gas emission allowance trading, waste management as well as energy efficiency and the development and use of renewable energy sources.
The competences of the minister competent for economy (Minister of Development) will include transformation issues into the circular economy and the development and use of prosumer and distributed energy.
Importantly, the amendment to the Act on departments also introduced a modification of the competences of the minister competent for the economy under the Act on renewable energy sources.
2a. The tasks of the minister competent for economy include the activities of:
1) aimed at promoting the development of prosumer energy and distributed energy;
2) aimed at promoting the prosumer model of prosumer energy and dispersed energy, by entrepreneurs and local government units;
3) supporting other forms of social use of prosumer energy and distributed energy;
4) in the scope of creating instruments and regulations aimed at increasing social participation and participation of local communities in the investment process of prosumer energy and distributed energy;
5) in the scope of monitoring and evaluation of the effects of activities referred to in points 1-4 and their correction;
6) aimed at implementing good practices in promoting prosumer and distributed energy as well as energy efficiency.